VPAT 2nd Heading Level
VPAT 3rd Heading Level
As defined in Title 1 of Texas Administrative Code Chapter 213, electronic and information resources include "information technology and any equipment or interconnected system or subsystem of equipment that is used in the creation, conversion, duplication, or delivery of data or information." The term includes but is not limited to "telecommunications products (such as telephones), information kiosks and transaction machines, World Wide Web sites, multimedia, and office equipment such as copiers and fax machines."
In practical terms, ElR utilized at The University of Texas at Arlington Learning, Inc. include, but are not limited to:
- Software applications and operating systems
- Websites, including both internet and intranet
- Telecommunications products
- Video and multimedia products
- Self-contained, closed products, such as copiers, printers and fax machines
- Desktop and portable computers
- Audio and video recordings
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The University of Texas at Arlington is conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Conformance means the functionality of the product has at least one method that meets the criterion without known defects or meets with equivalent facilitation. This site contains third party course players and search box. As it is out of our hands to make third-party applications accessible, we have notified of our efforts to becoming ADA Compliant and receiving a WCAG Certification.
For additional information on our conformance status, visit our accessibility policy.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The University of Texas at Arlington. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The University of Texas at Arlington:
Compatibility With Browsers And Assistive Technology
The University of Texas at Arlington is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The website works with most assistive technologies and modern browsers.
The University of Texas at Arlington is not compatible with:
- We are aware of some accessibility issues that have been noted on our VPAT 2.3 document and we are working to resolve these issues.
- For additional information on our compatibility compliance, visit our accessibility policy.
Accessibility of The University of Texas at Arlington relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
For additional information on our accessibility measures and technical specifications, please visit our accessibility policy.